Microblading (or eyebrow embroidery) is a relatively new, manual method. It is considered to be semi-permanent, as compared to the traditional hair stroke technique. It is done using a very fine blade to deposit pigments into the epidermis. The procedure begins with creating the desired shape. The color choice is patient-specific to complement natural hair and skin tone.
How it works?
A licensed technician carries out the procedure by using a small blade to insert pigment into the upper layer of the skin to create hair strokes to fill in spares or thinning brows. A special microblading pen is used to draw on the individual eyebrow strokes one by one.
Unlike traditional eyebrow tattoo or sometimes “sharpie” resemble effects of permanent makeup the strokes will look like real hair. As a result the hair like stroke will appear natural, waterproof, smudge-proof and realistic.
What is the difference between micro blading and permanent makeup?
Microblading is different from permanent makeup as it is a completely manual procedure. It requires a hand held micro blade or pen, the pigment gets deposited much closer to the surface of he skin than with a digital machine. It helps prevent any spilling under the skin.
How long does it last?
It lasts for approximately 1-3 years
Touch ups are a part of the process.
- We recommend an annual touch up to keep your eyebrows looking fresh.
- Shaping: The shape of your eyebrows is pretty much in your control. First, we design your brows by using a makeup pencil to do a symmetrical sketch. The shape is based on your facial structure and desired look.
- Color: We select color based on your Skin Undertone, Natural Hair Color, Eyes Color, Natural Brow Color and desired color.
- Please note you are very much in control over the Shape and Color selection. Your artist will also have their suggestions. We will need your approval before we start the actual procedure.
- How long is the healing process? 2 weeks.
- Does it hurt? Most clients describe the feeling of microblading like threading.
- Do you numb the brow area? Yes, we numb with a Topical numbing cream for 15-20. Your artist will continue to numb the brows with topical anesthetic gel throughout the procedure to make sure you are comfortable.